Date and Time
Wednesday 2 February 2022 (10:00 - 12:00)
Wednesday 2 March 2022 (09:30 - 16:00)
Thursday 24 March 2022 (09:30 - 16:00)
Thursday 5 May 2022 (09:30 - 16:00)
Friday 10 June 2022 (09:30 - 16:00)
Thursday 7 July 2022 (09:30 - 16:00)
£750.00 (£875.00 non-members)
A Flexible Learning Journey to Suit You
Our Emerging Leaders programme includes a combination of face-to-face delivery and online learning delivered by industry professionals. The course incorporates leadership spotlights; opportunities to network with peers, leaders and managers in the sector; plus the use of collaborative blogs and forums through our membership platform.
During the programme, you will work with experienced leaders in the sector who will guide you on your journey, and you will have plenty of opportunities to review and reflect on your learning, enhancing your skills even further. In addition, modules for this programme have been mapped to the ILM Level 3 Diploma for Managers.
The programme has been designed to be delivered over six sessions throughout the spring and summer terms 2022, with each module enabling you to delve deeper into the topics associated with leadership and management. In each session you will hear from an experienced leader from within the industry or the wider public sector, and your learning will be further complimented with opportunities for online learning and collaboration.
The programme consists of 'six steps' to successful leadership and management, including:
- Step 1: An Introduction to your Programme and Action Learning Sets
- Step 2: Understanding the Further Education and Skills Landscape
- Step 3: Recognising your Leadership Potential
- Step 4: Appreciating the Importance of Coaching and Mentoring
- Step 5: Understanding the Role of Management
- Step 6: Getting Ready to Lead.
The programme also includes:
- Online learning - in order to support your development during the programme and to allow you the opportunity to reflect on your practice, you will be able to access resources such as articles and case studies that will deepen your understanding of leadership and management, plus online masterclasses focusing on topics such as communication skills, mental health and wellbeing, and a whole lot more
- Mentoring - throughout your programme you will be able to regularly come together to develop your skills, supported by a knowledgeable professional who has leadership and management experience within the sector
- Clifton StrengthsFinder - everybody has a unique combination of talents, knowledge and skills that they use in their daily lives to do their work, achieve their goals and interact with others. By working with an experienced StrengthsFinder Coach, you will undertake a powerful online assessment, which will identify and enable you to understand your strengths
- Optional elements - participants taking part in the programme are also provided with the opportunity to attend our parliamentary reception and Skills and Education Group Annual Conference. Both events provide useful opportunities for networking with leaders and managers within the further education and skills sector.
So, if you are aspiring to become a future leader in this dynamic and ever-changing sector, then this programme is for you. Below are a sample of comments from previous participants:
- "This is probably one of the best courses I have attended, the variety was superb."
- "I have learnt about my strengths and how they can be used in different leadership situations."
- "I feel like I now have more tools in my toolbox to be a better leader, whilst I understand the type of people that I need around me."
As well as online learning, due to the additional face-to-face nature of this programme, please note places are limited to ensure that we adhere to social distancing restrictions, so early booking is essential.