Date and Time
Friday 29 January 2021 (10.00 - 12.00)
Friday 5 March 2021 (09.30 - 16.30)
Friday 26 March 2021 (09.30 - 16.30)
Wednesday 5 May 2021 (09.30 - 16.30)
Friday 28 May 2021 (09.30 - 16.30)
Friday 2 July 2021 (09.30 - 16.30)
£750.00 (£875.00 non-members)
A Flexible Learning Journey to Suit You
The programme will be a combination of face-to-face delivery and online learning delivered by industry professionals. The course incorporates leadership spotlights, offering you an opportunity to network with peers, leaders and managers in the sector, plus you will have an opportunity to participate in collaborative blogs and forums through our membership platform.
During the programme you will work with experienced mentor who will support you on your journey, and you will have plenty of opportunities to review and reflect on your learning, enhancing your skills even further. In addition, modules for this programme have been mapped to the ILM Level 3 Diploma in Leadership and Management.
The programme has been designed to be delivered over six sessions throughout the spring and summer terms 2021, with each module offering you an opportunity to delve deeper into the topics associated with leadership and management. During each session you will hear from an experienced leader from within the industry and the wider public sector. These sessions will be complemented by online learning and collaboration via the Skills and Education Group hub.
The programme consists of 'six steps' to successful leadership and management including:
- Step 1: an introduction to the programme and action learning sets
- Step 2: understanding the further education and skills landscape
- Step 3: recognising your leadership potential
- Step 4: understanding the role of management
- Step 5: appreciating the importance of coaching and mentoring
- Step 6: getting ready to lead.
The programme also includes:
- Online learning - to support your development through the programme and to allow you the opportunity to reflect on your practice, you will be able to access resources such as articles and case studies that enable you to deepen your understanding of leadership and management and online masterclasses focusing on topics such as communication skills, mental health and wellbeing and a whole lot more
- Mentoring - throughout your programme you will be assigned a mentor who will have experience of leadership and management within the sector
- Clifton StrengthsFinder - everybody has a unique combination of talents, knowledge and skills that they use in their daily lives to do their work, achieve their goals and interact with others. By working with an experienced StrengthsFinder Coach, you will undertake a powerful online assessment, which will identify and enable you to understand your strengths.
- Optional elements - participants taking part in the programme are also provided with the opportunity to attend our Annual Parliamentary Reception and Skills and Education Group Conference. Both events provide useful opportunities for networking with leaders and managers within the further education and skills sector.
This programme is also available for delivery in-house. For further information please contact Karen Plowman, Head of Professional Development, by email or by calling 0115 753 1717.
Due to the face-to-face nature of this programme, please note places are limited to ensure that we adhere to social distancing restrictions, so early booking is essential.