Varied - TBC
Date and Time
Thursday 30 January 2020 (09:30 - 16:30)
£750.00 (£875.00 non-members)
A Flexible Learning Journey to Suit You.
The programme will be a combination of face-to-face delivery offered by industry professionals, leader spotlights and online learning. You will participate in collaborative blogs and forums through our membership platform which will allow you to reflect on your learning and enhance your skills.
During the programme you will be assigned an experienced mentor who will support you on your journey. Modules for this programme have been mapped to ILM Level 3 Diploma in Leadership and Management.
The programme has been designed to be delivered over seven sessions throughout the academic year. The sessions will offer an opportunity to delve deeper into the topics associated with leadership and management. During each session you will hear from an experienced leader from within the industry and the wider public sector. The sessions will be complemented by online learning and collaboration.
Seven Steps to Management
- Understanding the sector in which you operate
- Getting to know the power of your strengths
- How to be an effective line manager
- Managing change effectively
- Getting to grips with data, finance and funding
- Communicating with confidence
- Getting ready to lead.
Participants taking part in the programme are also provided with the opportunity to attend our Annual Parliamentary Reception and Skills and Education Group Conference. Both events provide useful opportunities for networking with leaders and managers within the further education and skills sector.
The programme also includes:
- online learning - to support your development through the programme and to allow you the opportunity to reflect on your practice, you will be able to access resources such as case studies, webinars and articles that enable you to develop your understanding of management and leadership
- mentoring - throughout your programme you will be assigned a mentor who will have experience of leadership and management within the sector
- Clifton StrengthsFinder - everybody has a unique combination of talents, knowledge and skills that they use in their daily lives to do their work, achieve their goals and interact with others. By working with an experienced StrengthsFinder Coach, you will undertake a powerful online assessment, which will identify and enable you to understand your strengths.
Places are limited so early booking is essential. The cost for members is £750 and non-members £875.
Should you prefer to receive an invoice please contact Michelle Chesterfield, T: 0115 854 1626, E: firstname.lastname@example.org.