Robins Wood House
Robins Wood Road
Date and Time
Thursday 19 January 2023 (10:00 - 16:00)
£120.00 (£160.00 non-members)
Becoming a board worthy executive is within your reach.
Research shows us that there are clearly identified areas where the executive’s contribution is fundamental to an organisation achieving effective governance. Yet, the board management relationships and board reporting, frequently feature in the top 3 recommendations for improvement, following an external review of governance.
Designed for CEOs and Senior Leaders, this one-day programme is highly participative, with tips, templates, and scenario exploration, to give those attending the confidence and knowhow to move from ‘surviving’ the boardroom, to ‘shining’ in the boardroom.
The day will focus on a range of essential topics including:
- What is governance?
- Expectations of management
- Board reporting
- Impactful presentations, and
- Optimising the board/management relationship
Throughout the day, delegates will have an opportunity to collaborate and network with others whilst undertaking the following objectives:
- To develop an understanding of the role of governance in positively impacting organisational performance
- To enhance your understanding of and contribution to effective governance, and provide every opportunity for your board to become high performing
- Gain an understanding of the impact reports can have on the efficiency and effectiveness of decision making
- Explore the relationship between the report writer and board/committee members
- Deliver practical exercises to help you improve the quality of reports, the presentation of papers, and the ultimate discussion and decision making that occurs
- Review key features of reports, including cover sheets, executive summaries, and presenting data
- Explore the mechanisms to leverage the skills and knowledge around the board table for your and the organisation’s benefit
- Provides an opportunity for you to meet and network with peers to discuss common issues and potential solutions
Did you know? This session can be delivered in-house directly to your staff. For more information about this or any of our other bespoke training opportunities, please contact email@example.com.
CEO and Founder of Governance4FE
A dynamic influencer and supporter of educational governance, Fiona is the CEO and founder of Governance4FE.