10 February 2020
Creative and Digital Multi-Media Academy students at Derby College Group’s Joseph Wright Centre have worked with a wide range of industry specialists to further the skills they will require for university and future careers.
- Sinfonia Viva orchestra and Music students
- Déda and arts organisation Furthest From the Sea, who worked with Music students
- Lubrizol, who ran a video production workshop for Media students
- Photos by Abhi, who broke down the complexities of wedding videography and photography
- YSP Media provided students with an insight into running a video production company
- Digital marketing agency Burnthebook and Derby Book Festival who met Art & Design students to discuss forthcoming projects
- Former JWC student Martyn Ewoma, who held a fashion photography workshop.
Vanessa Simpson, Digital Academy team manager said: “This was an excellent opportunity for students to either further develop an existing passion or to explore new techniques that will broaden their horizons for future study and careers.
“We were fortunate to have excellent support from a wide range of creative professionals who were keen to share their expertise and have inspired students to aim high in their future goals.”
Thank you to Sarah Jenkin-Jones from Derby College Group for submitting this news story. If you would like to share a news story from your organisation, we’d love to hear from you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
25 February 2021
23 July 2021
12 July 2021