20 October 2015
Leading educational organisations emfec group and ASDAN are to join forces to form an exciting and innovative new Group.
The partnership will see all organisations; ASDAN, emfec and emfec-owned awarding body ABC Awards, unite under a new strategic partnership.
Strategic partnerships are becoming increasingly key as the education and skills sector is undergoing the biggest structural changes since 1992. With devolution high on the agenda and the Government’s national programme of Area Based Reviews, organisations within the sector are looking for new ways to work together.
The partnership will combine over 140 years’ experience in education and skills. It aims to provide a full package of services for the advancement of education and training for young people and adults, by focusing on six key areas:
1. Developing innovative curriculum programmes that can be used in mainstream, special and alternative educational settings;
2. Strengthening our national reputation for the creation of high quality awarding services;
3. Enhancing the development of members, staff and customers through cutting-edge continuing professional development (CPD) programmes;
4. Working together to enrich and strengthen our UK and international projects and partnerships;
5. Ensuring customers and members have the opportunity to shape and influence the national agenda on education and skills policy through our combined policy and public affairs team;
6. Maximising resources to deliver our individual charitable activities.
Furthermore the strategic partnership will look to improve how we deliver our services in cost-effective ways. This will be overseen by a new parent charity jointly developed by ASDAN and emfec group which will be launched at the end of February 2016.
Paul Eeles, Chief Executive of emfec group, said:
“I am delighted to announce the strategic partnership with ASDAN, with full backing from both of our respective boards. We have successfully worked in partnership with ASDAN in previous years, and we share the same values in developing skills for learning, skills for employment and skills for life.
“This exciting new partnership is all about providing greater value for emfec members, including continued support through the Association of Colleges East Midlands offer, in pursuit of excellent teaching and training for learners and employers.”
Maggie Walker, Chief Executive of ASDAN, said:
“We are absolutely delighted to be forming a new group with emfec and ABC Awards and are confident that together this strategic partnership will enable us to combine our expertise to offer more to our schools and Centres, creating exciting new opportunities to further develop our curriculum programmes and qualifications.
“At ASDAN we believe that all young people should be given the opportunity to achieve their potential and develop their life skills. This is the perfect partnership to help us achieve this.”
The Group partnership will take effect immediately.
25 February 2021
14 May 2021
10 May 2021