12 April 2016
At ABC Awards we are pleased to announce a number of our qualifications are now eligible for Advanced Learner Loans.
The loans, which will replace the 24+ Advanced Learning Loans, can be used to support adult learners with the costs of studying qualifications beyond Level 2.
Advanced Learner Loans are available for approved qualifications at Level 3 and Level 4 taken at a college or training provider in England which has been approved to offer loans by the Skills Funding Agency.
The following ABC Awards qualifications are now eligible for Advanced Learner Loans:
- Level 3 Certificate in Procurement and Supply (601/3363/6)
- Level 3 Diploma in Procurement and Supply (601/3420/3)
- Level 4 Diploma in Procurement (601/4055/0)
- Level 3 Certificate in Fabrication and Welding Practice (600/5194/2)
- Level 3 Certificate in Silviculture (601/3897/X)
- Level 4 Diploma in Arboriculture (600/2582/7)
- Level 3 Certificate in General Patisserie and Confectionery (500/9893/7)
- Level 3 Certificate in Peer Mentoring (601/2564/0)
- Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy (600/4960/1)
- Level 3 Diploma in Complementary Therapies (600/5057/3)
- Level 3 Diploma in Massage (600/5045/7)
- Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (600/0167/7)
- Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Process and Practice (600/0180/X)
- Level 4 Certificate in Achievement Coaching (601/1448/4)
- Level 4 Diploma in Achievement Coaching (601/1697/3)
- Level 3 Diploma in Fashion and Textiles (500/4982/3)
- Level 3 Diploma in Fashion Retail (501/1540/6)
- Level 4 Diploma in Buying and Merchandising for Fashion Retail (500/5513/6)
- Level 4 Diploma in Visual Merchandising for Retail (500/5511/2)
The loan amount the learner will receive depends on the type of qualification, the fees involved and the maximum loan available for that qualification, with the minimum loan being £300. The loan is paid directly to the college or training provider to support or cover the costs of completing the qualification.
The loans are administered by Student Finance England and learners will begin repayments on their loans once they have completed their qualification and are earning more than £21,000 a year.
Following the announcement in November’s Spending Review, the government has plans to expand the eligibility criteria for these loans in the 2016/17 academic year to include learners aged 19 and over and those studying qualifications at level 5 and level 6.
This will be applicable for learners applying from May 2016 for courses beginning on or after 1 August 2016. ABC Awards will keep our Centres informed if our Level 5 and Level 6 qualifications become eligible for Advanced Learner Loans under these new changes.
More information and a provider support pack for colleges and training providers is available on the government website here.
25 February 2021
2 August 2021
23 July 2021