7 March 2017
This week is National Apprenticeship Week (NAW 2017) which brings together employers and apprentices from across England to celebrate the success of apprenticeships over the last decade and to encourage even more people to choose apprenticeships as a fast-track to a great career.
As an organisation that offers qualifications within apprenticeship frameworks in both England and Wales we can help anyone over 16 year old interested in apprenticeships in the following sectors:
- Education and Skills Workforce
- Engineering, Welding and Manufacturing
- Fashion and Textiles
- Land-based and Environmental
- Motor Vehicle
- Patisserie and Confectionery
- Retail, Warehousing and Distribution
- Youth and Community
An apprenticeship is a great alternative for learners who want to earn an income while they learn through on-the-job-training and classroom study. The minimum apprentice wage is £3.30 an hour, but many employers increase wages as apprentices’ skills develop.
- Work alongside experienced staff
- Gain job-specific skills
- Earn a wage and receive holiday pay
- Study towards a related qualification (usually one day a week)
- Apprenticeships take one to four years to complete depending on the industry and the apprentice’s level.
Our apprenticeships combine competence and knowledge qualifications, or a combined qualification, and we can also support you in providing supplementary qualifications in Functional Skills, Employee Rights and Responsibilities, and a range of additional units available from our Unit Bank.
Want to learn more?
If you are an employer get in touch with our team to find out which of the training providers we work with offer the apprenticeship frameworks you are looking for – 0115 854 1620.
If you are a training provider, download our ABC Awards Apprenticeship Guide to find out how we can support you in providing high-quality apprenticeship programmes.
The post Why ABC Awards Supports National Apprenticeship Week appeared first on ABC Awards.
25 February 2021
22 October 2021
22 October 2021