To co-ordinate and support the administration and delivery of professional development activities across the Member Services and Communications Directorate.
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To work with the Head of Professional Development to ensure successful delivery of the Group’s professional development programme
- To provide comprehensive advice, guidance and support to Members and individuals booking onto professional development activities
- To provide relevant information to assist with the development and marketing of professional development activity on an ongoing basis
- To ensure the website is kept up-to-date, and is accurate with event information relating to CPD activity
- To ensure enquiries are effectively handled and responded to in a timely manner
- To support the Head of Professional Development with enquiries relating to bespoke training activity
- To assist in the evaluation and analysis of participant feedback to inform future learning and development needs and improvements
- To assist the Head of Professional Development in the planning and delivery of internal staff development activities and events
- To organise and arrange planning and catering requirements for training activities as and when required
- To ensure the Membership and Foundation Officer is kept up to date on member CPD enquiries and bookings
- To effectively support the delivery of large-scale events such as the Group’s Annual Conference and Parliamentary Reception
- To deliver excellent customer service to internal and external customers and stakeholders
- To ensure effective and efficient control of information and data in line with GDPR requirements
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Learning & Development Practitioner Apprenticeship level 3 standard with no mandatory qualifications . This is a work based apprenticeship with no day release requirements. The apprentice has the option to include the Level 3 Foundation Certificate in People Practice as an optional choice delivered currently over Teams on a Tuesday 09.15-12.30. There is also the option to attend a selection of Business Skills Units half day fortnightly on Teams.The assessment will be based on a work project with professional discussion and a presentation based on the learning portfolio logged on Smart Assessor Portfolio platform. The apprenticeship is 18 months long with 6 hours per week dedicated to the apprenticeship portfolio.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On successful completion of apprenticeship, opportunities for progression may be available.