Date and Time
4 June 2020 (13:00 to 14:30)
Free (Free non-members)
This 90 minute webinar is an information sharing session for Skills and Education Group Awards’ approved Centres. The webinar will include a COVID-19 update, the latest information available in relation to apprenticeships and end-point assessments, and the newly released Ofqual Vocational and Technical Qualifications COVID-19 Framework. Further information will also be provided on varying assessment methods for different qualification types during summer 2020, including calculation and assessment variation.
In addition, the session will offer information in regards to a number of recent updates, including Digital Certificates, along with plans for the future and how you can get involved to help shape new and existing qualifications within your sector(s). Topics to be covered in the webinar will include:
- A welcome and outline of today’s programme by Paul Eeles, Chair of the Federation of Awarding Bodies (FAB) including Covid-19 and FAB updates
- An update on current status of EPA and Frameworks (England, Wales, N.I.)
- An introduction to the concept of having a ‘Sector Advisory Forum’ for each sector to meet virtually 2 or 3 times a year. Discussions within each forum will include new products, standardisation, and the sharing of sector intelligence
- An update on the VTQ Covid-19 Framework to include buckets/assessment variation and the sourcing of information
- A question and answer element where queries relating to the subjects covered on the agenda and/or any other topics can be discussed
- Confirmation of a date for a future webinar, and details on how to raise an expression of interest for Sector Advisory Forums.